Saturday, May 10, 2008

Birthday Lesson

So I wanted something a little special for my Birthday. I had been wishing for the creamy garlic sauce veggie pizzas from Papa Murphy's. I got online to see what was on it and how I could turn it low-carb and put on a Joseph's Lavash. I discovered their DeLite pizzas,at only 12-13 carbs per slice. I gave into temptation. We went and got it and I ate the toppings off of two and then two slices..... way to many carbs. I took 3u Novolog to cover it. You know what? I have been so used to 'pure foods' this tasted like junk. I can see why I ate so much of it in past because there was nothing wholesome, nutritious or filling about it. Here I have overmaxed past the 12 carb Supper limit, and I feel gross, my tummy hurts, and I feel empty and hungry. Not satisfied at all. That is actually a wonderful Birthday present! The roast beef sandwich I had for lunch today with horseradish sauce, sauteed peppers, and swiss cheese on grilled Lavash was DELICIOUS, full of flavor and filling nutrition and energy. What a contrast. A very positive way to launch into this new year!

No comments: