Monday, May 12, 2008

Is This Success?

Working backwards today:
87,76,72,76,78,83,86,86,68,83fbg

I checked frequently because we took a long walk, washed/waxed the jeep, etc. and it was just a smidge low, I prefer 83.

This is on 30m weightlifting/calisthenics and 20-40 minutes walking a day.
Very close to 6-12-12, meals 4-5hours apart
4u Lantus AM and PM and 1u Novolog before each meal
1) 500mg Met at each meal

I am reducing the Lantus dose for tonight and in the morning to 3u.... and see what happens, if my fBg is good then I will try 1/2u Novolog before each meal.

This looks good to me. But I wonder if I should be trying to regulate without the Novolog at all. My intention is to closely mimic what my body is supposed to be doing as possible. Seems, in the back of my head, like it is 'cheating' to use the Novolog and I should change something else instead of using it pre-meal. But I think lowering my basal insulin of Lantus, according to everything I have read, would be the best. Part of me doubts that I understand it all correctly. Maybe I just can't believe I have temporarily arrived at where I need to be

Star

No comments: