Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Success!

Finally accepted it! And I am also down to 3u Lantus AM/PM! WOW! My workouts, the 30 minutes of Gilad and 45 minutes or so of walking burn about 364 calories a day. I am eating 1400 calories, 8-12-12 carbs, 80gish protein, with 72% of the diet being fat. I have lost just shy of 3lb in 4 days.

I hear many people, almost daily, say that this is a high protein diet. It is not it is high fat (this is our energy), low carb, and moderate protein.

TIP FOR THE DAY:
How do I know all of this so handily? I use FitDay
a free online program that lets you keep track of diet, nutrition information, weight changes, activities, a journal, and tracks them in graphed reports! This really keeps me on track and shows my progress, very encouraging. I use it to calculate the nutrition info of a meal or individual food. And if I take an empty log from the next day I can compile all the ingredients to a recipe and calculate that info as well. It also allows you to enter custom foods, so if you eat the same combos frequently, or create a new recipe you can log them in or add unusual items that are not already on the list.

No comments: