Saturday, May 10, 2008

30 and loving it!



Been a while since my last post. What has changed? Weight loss. Another size lost. Just turned 30. And the big news?

I went to Dr Thomas on Wednesday. She prescribed Novolog so I can cover meals. I was wanting to back down the Lantus doses which are 5u AM/PM because during the da I go to low, but if I take less I go to high. Now I can mimic my body's natural insulin response. I have started taking just 1u of Novolog before a meal and have been able to keep my numbers in the 90's! I am excited by this and look forward to gaining more good health this way.

Bad news is she called to say Thursday that she change her mind, she doesn't think I have a thyroid issue based on the last test. She left that on the machine and I have yet to find out what the numbers were....... But my last one showed my TSH rising from the first of 07. I know I have a thyroid issue and I am above the 3.0 that many endos say should be treated. So no Synthroid or Armour, I am at a loss and very very worried.

I turn 30 today and it snowed! It has been in the 60's and 70's! There is about 4" on the ground now. The poor trees look odd with big balls of snow caught in there almost full leaves.

Went to Ebeneezer's tonight, an Irish pub. Lots of tempting glorious rye bread and potatoes any way you could think of. Jason had a Frog which is a sourdough hoagie filled with fired chicken, mozzarella sticks, cheeses, Irish fries, and who knows what else all smooshed together. It made him very sick as he has been low carb for two months now..... I did not have clinistix and no one could tell me for certain that there was or was not sugars in the creamed cabbage so I passed on the Irish Reuben I really wanted (I brought a bit of Lavash) and had the cheese omelet instead. They even brought out the sides with it as J said he would eat them, but instead of a separate plate there was a pile of hashbrowns and a thick slice of that rye I love!!!! I scooted the browns over, disgusted that there sugary starches got near my omelet and rolled up a napkin to put between them and my eggs, and J put the rye on his plate. I enjoyed the eggs and soft butter smeared on the lavash and my ice water. My first restaurant trip in a while, and the first with previous temptations. It was fun and I did not crave the temptations like I thought. Didn't even consider eating any. Nor did I even care!

I feel healthier and happier in my new 30's then I did in any of my 20's! It took over 10 years to diagnose and start to heal my diabetes. I am looking forward to life!

No comments: