Thursday, May 22, 2008

Update

I'm still here! I'm still here! This illness has knocked me on my behind but I am finally able to workout again tomorrow. Woohoo! Haven't fallen of the wagon, actually J and I have found ourselves thoroughly rooted in it, due to our increasing health and fitness. And it is with a united front we will face southern tradition and cuisine next week and for 19 days thereafter.

I am armed with truth, conviction, results, products (a low carb toolkit to take of: almond flour, pro powder, fiber fit, 85% cocoa bars,coconut oil, lavash, hunts jello cups, and stevia) oh and black soybeans to create my fav dish Dad's chili!

I will tell you, J cracks me up piling bacon and hotdogs or stack of burgers and cheese onto a tiny piece of lavash or lettuce leaves! This man LOVES meat and the freedom to enjoy gobs of butter and cream. I LOVE it! His tastes have changed like mine and he recognizes how bad the carb foods make him feel. Sugar tastes to sweet, bread feels awful in the mouth, etc etc. He has even taken notice of how his body feels after ingesting his fav 'health food' fresh juiced carrots and apples and rarely partakes or even wants it bought. He is even eating my pro powder, cream, ricotta cheese, flax breakfast 'gruel' his fav is with lemon added, it tastes like a lemon cream pie or something. So our house is full of joy and health and freedom from addictions!

So unlike last time, I may be quiet for a bit, esp with Leave and moving coming up, but I am still here rooting for and thinking of all of you!

Oh, nearly forgot...where has my bG been? Well I am still on 3u Lantus AM and PM and 1/2u Novolog at breakfast, and 1u of N at lunch and dinner, and the three Met, 1 chromium, 1 Vit D, and my multi vitamin. Despite the illness I have been able to keep bG in the 90's. Today it has started to drop to low so I am going to back off the Lantus a unit tomorrow AM as I think my body is almost healed from sickness. And this morning I weighed 205.6! Smallest I have been since Sept 2004!

Much love to you all!

No comments: