Monday, April 28, 2008

Low Carb Healthy Foods vs. Low Carb Junk Foods

I have many recipes on my recipe blog that are 'junk food'. I don't want someone new to this WOE to think that is what all my meals are made up of, or that is what the WOE is all about. It's not. Most of my meals look like this:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with 1 TB cream, and 1 TB butter and a Bran A Crisp

Lunch: chicken breast, side of roasted cauliflower, peppers, okra slathered with butter, often seasoned with Mrs Dash or a side salad

Dinner: steak with roasted veggies and collard greens, or fish with roasted veggies or salad.

I also eat soups, and low carb wraps often loaded with healthy greens and veggies and protein rich meat, and energy giving fats. And as I am losing weight I am limiting my cheese and nuts to a few times a week.

These recipes I have been posting for 'junk food' is because sometimes we all need a treat and miss the foods we used to eat. These substitutes fill that need in a low carb and more nutritious manner then there originals.

No comments: