Monday, April 28, 2008

1 Month Mark!!

Thursday April 03, 2008

1 Month Mark!

So the one month mark! How did I celebrate? Well, it was Jason's art reception tonight on base and I had to make Bourbon Balls, Derby Tarts, sweet tea, biscuits (he fried the country ham). I worked from the time I woke up (only 6 hours of sleep) until I had to go to the dentist for an emergency appointment - I have an infection that needs antibiotics, x-rays, and another check up. And then to the last second to walk out the door. I did not take the time to eat proper meals all day, by the time we got home I felt so miserable i ate four bourbon balls and two derby tarts (mini muffin size)! Now I feel even more miserable and am way over my carb limit, way under my fat and protein requirements. I feel AWFUL. I took a bolus of 2u Novolog to try to keep numbers under 130..... And after a month of no sugar and healthy foods I am mad at myself and in a terrible terrible mood. Nice lesson........ However, I did realize that the low carb raspberry coffee cake I did make for breakfast tasted much much better than all that other stuff, and my tongue and mouth swelled and burned upon eating the Bourbon balls...interesting.

No comments: