Monday, April 28, 2008

Being Diabetic Is the Ultimate Chemistry Set!

Thursday March 27, 2008

Exercise, Exercise, Exercise?

Monday I had my A1C drawn. I wish I had done it right before starting this WOE. But it was just at three weeks in. The scale that morning showed I had lost from 224 to 218! YAY! Progress.

I have been debating the best type of exercise for me. It is very confusing. I have decided,for now, on this course of action and to reevaluate as time goes by, as I posted tonight in the
Dr Bernstein forum:
"Well, if my bG was reacting off the type of workout I did last night then I am on the right track for now. I am going to continue to mix it up as I feel/desire and see how things go. The only consistence is that I will do yoga 6 times a week, walk at least 30 minutes on treadmill or outside because otherwise I am pretty sedentary here 7 days a week, and weight train/ Body Electric 5 times a week (because they alternate body parts every episode it allows me to rest muscles). I still feel I need some rapid cardio and cooling down and then rapid cardio type training for my heart but I think I will allocate that to outside walk times, as in run as hard as I can to that tree or up that hill then return to near normal heart rate and repeat at about 3 times a week...

All vague I know!
Maybe it is a nice mental break to have 'free-form' exercise sessions when my food intake and bG is so closely monitored and charted.

Being diabetic is the ultimate chemistry set!"

No comments: