Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm Back!

Monday March 24th, 2008

Where Have I Been?

I am here again. Wow. April 12. That is a long time ago. Almost a year. Can I sum it up in just a couple of sentences? Maybe. Got shingles was so sick I could not eat anything and keep it down from the pain and upset stomach shortly after the last post. I left the Dr. Bernstein WOE, became carb addicted again just to be able to eat anything, didn't care to go back after because I was headed home to KY/TN and wanted to splurge.
I did lose from 245 to 215 on the WOE and had tight control of my bG (blood glucose) but the whirlwind year of: shingles, PCS'ng (moving) from AK to ND,packing the house, saying good bye to dear friends, a whirlwind AK vacation with J's parents, the drive in a way to loaded car from AK to KY and back up to ND a month later, dealing with losing to grandparents Papa and Gee since being in AK it was our first time home and it was so hard, catching up with friends, enjoying day and night instead of all day or all night, arriving in flat prairie farming Minot, ND only to discover we would have to wait 6 months to a year for a home on base, the scramble to afford and find a house in town, finishing J's art for the opening at Taube Museum of Art, moving in, getting a job as Gallery Assistant at Taube, J's weird schedule, missing everyone, feeling my heart tugged in so many directions, the diabetes beasty rearing its ugly head and demanding I care for myself again, leading to leaving job at Taube, three weeks now recovering, energizing, healing and thus three weeks back on the Dr. B woe........

A few sentences??? Ha! This will do for now. More later I promise. I have much to say.

No comments: