Saturday, November 21, 2009

Yesterday was another low carb success!! I am feeling so much clearer of mind and stable of mood. I feel I need to add a few more calories as I am breastfeeding because I wake up hungry mid night, Possibly because E nurses most of the night. I am a bit concerned about ketones in breastmilk. But I have at least read enough research to be not to concerned, make sense? I need to do more. Got Jimmy Moore's new book today and am reading trough it. I love what Dana Carpender said about reaffirming low carb with books, blogs, websites, chat rooms, forums as we do not get enough support in real life and/or are bombarded by dopamine inducing marketing and reinforcement of well meaning others stating we need this high carb food to feel happy, comforted and fulfilled. So we have to seek out our own dopamine programming.

1 comment:

Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for getting my new book Star! I look forward to hearing what you think. As for the breast milk/ketones question, here's a link you might like about it:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/archive/index.php/t-263060.html