Saturday, January 9, 2010

3 inches off waist in 2 weeks!

Yay! My belt now fits on the tightest notch, comfortably. Seriously, I am sitting here at the computer with it that way. And I haven't put away the scale... going to do it today....

I feel great. I really really do. We have gone visiting today and right now E is happily playing with Da and his parents. Bliss. I was unsure of what we had to eat here so I packed J's bento box with enough tuna, veggies, and such for all three of us. Came in handy. No excuse not to have low carb on the go now. Except that I need my own since J's is at work all the time. Again no endorsements. But this thing is AWESOME!

Rishara, I did get a 6-pack of Hanson's Root Beer. I contacted the company and the Kroger in Murray had it. YUMMY! We love it. Thank you for the tip!!! Can't wait to try it just with some cream. Sadly, I have figured out Breyer's CarbSmart is raising my bG. So no more. I need to make up some homemade ice creams. I have some great recipes especially from the Dr. Bernstein forum.

2 comments:

Rishara said...

I've been thinking of getting an ice cream maker myself, since the maltitol in the commercial brands kills me in more ways than one! I still haven't figured out if you can make soft serve in a regular ice cream maker, as that is what hubby is interested in (not low-carb for him).

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the loss in the waist. I knew with all of that exercising you were losing inches.

As for the Breyers Carbsmart ice cream I started having the same increase in my glucose and had to give it up too. I am able to eat the Blue Bunny brand of low carb ice cream but my local store stopped carrying it.

If you can find it you may want to try the raspberry ice cream with chocolate coating that is on a stick. They are only one carb each.