Thursday, January 21, 2010

Low Carb and Cancer

I apologize in advance for lack of links to research, I'll get them.

I lost a cousin to cancer yesterday, Evelyn. She passed they said with not even a furrow in her brow just a serene smile and she knew they were all there an hour after they removed the ventilator. This family, her mom, Aunt Grace (my mom's dad's sister so actually a Great Aunt) is the most glowing on fire for Jesus in a completely real and inspirational way. When any of them walk into a room it just lights up, you can see the fire in their eyes and joy in their soul. They are about ministry and love. As is Aunt Grace's sister Aunt Carolyn who lost her daughter, Marsha, to lung cancer 2 years ago Aunt Carolyn's husband Uncle Kenneth is a minister. Also such an inspirational couple. The kind of people I want to be. I wish they still lived here. Maryland seems so far away. Grandad's entire family was/is involved in ministry. What I am trying to say is that what a tragedy to befall....but their strength and faith gives me more.

And more determination. My mom was 1 year past diagnosis of a very fast moving and devastating advanced breast cancer. She has been declared breast cancer free but they see some suspicious spots. She sees her Dr team this coming Tuesday. We may know more then. We are taking each day as it comes and trying to live in hope and joy without fear. I feel like a sitting duck. I think on my odds of having cancer daily. For in this family line almost all women have had breast, lung, or ovarian cancer.

Determination because I know that low carb kills cancer as it starves the cancer cells for sugar. It has been proven to reverse it. Remember what I said about providing research? I will. Just not now as I need to get to my Bible reading this morning.

I put away my scale. I need no more stress. I feel much happier without it staring me in the face. Weight loss stall or not. No backsliding for me. I want to live a long happy life with my family, if God is willing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you at this time. My mother is also a breast cancer survivor and I have often wondered when it would be my time. I try to remember that God did not give us a measure of fear so I try to put it out of my mind. I am looking forward to seeing your reference links. I know eating low carb is making me stronger every day. I had no idea it was protecting me from cancer as well. This is great information.

I will pray for your mother.