Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reconnection

I am really enjoying life since I am no longer weighing every day! Ha! Who would have thought? I also realize something after my riding lesson. Well, a few things really. Due to the birth circumstances I felt like becoming a mother happened to me. I had no control over the process there was no gradual evoloution as my body birthed her slowly and my mind and soul learned to let go of the need to control and learned to just let God happen. Instead it was sudden, tragic, and brutal and as she was cut from my belly my life as mom was forced on me abruptly and my first act was of being unable to protect my daughter the complete failure to provide her with a peaceful, loving, quiet transition earthside. I love being a mom. But as of Saturday I feel, almost a year later, that I am ME the Star I have always known who has become a mom also. Somehow out on that horse reconnecting with my hopes and dreams and passions that have always been with me, I connected. Even my body which has seemed so foreign and split open at the center of my gravity, and my hips which were locked, opened and connected and feel like me again. Wow, what it must be like to have riding therapy for those with disabilities and injuries. I am a better mom, wife, and person after this reconnection. Not perfect, never will be. But I am now doing this as ME and feel at home in my body.

This has greatly improved my stress level, ability to sleep, and joy for life. What a blessing!

No comments: