Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 4 Thoughts

UPDATE I weighed 223 this morning! I have lost 3.8 lbs since Monday. So, what I am doing is working. Had eggs this morning and see no reason why not for lunch, I am getting spoiled to how quick and easy they are!

E has not slept well at all since Monday night. I am more than a bit afraid that the eggs are affecting her...

It is hard to resist temptation especially when the temptation is low carb and would normally be ok. Like the Danishes I made for J last night and ate two of, well three... Not sure what the scale will say as I won't weigh until I get up with E later this morning. I am also sleep deprived this week which also does not help.

So my EggFest isn't so much and egg fest as Jimmy's. Bless his heart that does take some serious gumption,commitment, and passion!

I do think 6 small meals a day may work best for me while breastfeeding and keeping odd hours otherwise I am going into starvation mode. That has been an important lesson here. Also that I have broken the carb addiction. This morning I feel great, no sign of the induction flu and have tons of energy despite being exhausted. My mood is very stable, my head clear, we will see if that lasts today.

This week while not a complete success- I have broken many rules- has been very successful and well worth it. I have not gone hungry, I have satisfied cravings with low carb foods and without going over 30 carbs a day. I have also learned that I snack alot if I am hungry, even while fixing my meal, so I need to reinstitute the drink an entire glass of water and have a little almond or coconut milk if I need to while I cook. As well as to wait a mere 15 minutes before diving into dessert or more food. That is still plenty of time to work with the pre meal bolus insulin if needed. I also need to be dilligent about eating my foods in FitDay and keeping a food journal again. These were key to my weight loss in 08 but I thought I could be lazy.

Hmmm.. lazy...that is another subject but at least FlyLady is halping me out of that, I even have a shiny sink as of last night! That gives me something to obsess over, control, and be perfectionist with while I chill about everything else and learn to relax and takle things in baby steps. This not only applies to my eating, diabetes, weight loss, health gaining, housework, it also applies to my self.

So does EggFest continue today? I don't know. Maybe. I am seriously craving some eggs!!

No comments: