Monday, December 21, 2009

Another successful Holiday party! We requested pizza with extra cheese and the more meat the better and then we each had 4 pieces with the toppings scraped off onto a low carb tortilla. It was so yummy and satisfying, neither one of us were tempted to eat the crust. I had put together a chocolate eclair low carb trifle and we enjoyed that and shared with those who wanted to try. For the first time in years- possibly all my life- I enjoyed a social evening without drugs. Now don't flip out here, by drugs I mean carbs. I have been abusing and self medicating with this drug since the moment my body found out before my head knew that I was diabetic. Carbs for a diabetic are a very powerful upper and downer in my experience. Normally I would have been high as a kite for a few hours and then be so low and stoned, unable to move or think clearly. Until I had another fix. I have spent much of my life drugged. Wow. I see now how bG effects me closely thanks to Dr. B. It makes me wonder what I would have had the confidence, motivation, clear thought process, emotional stability to try had I not been drugged...... Onward!

And my Lantus lowering needs to be a bit lower, I am now in the low 70's

No comments: