Monday, December 14, 2009

I am down to 227 again after getting back up to 234 After Thanksgiving and the first weekend of Decembers eatathon. Best news is my average bG for that week and 1/2 was 154 it is now down to 117! I feel so much better. And I am depressed I lost only the 7 lbs I had gained during the eatathon. But WOW 7lbs in a week and a half is awesome!!! If I had stuck with it I would have been down to 220. Ah well. I got up and started walking again like Ellie does.

I have been making alot of comfort foods. And it sure helps to be able to enjoy without guilt greasy sausage, peppers and a few onions, that is quickly becoming my favorite! I have made some great recipes from George Stella: Spice Muffins with walnuts topped with plain cream cheese, Blueberry Pancakes with the tiniest drizzle of sf honey, and the best pizza crust I have had on lc. I have also been making the peanut butter cups and nut chocolates I created at 1 to 1.5g carb each. Yum Yum! I recently came across a photo of the low carb raspberry cake I made for my birthday last year. I am just lookign for the recipe, I hope it is in my recipe blog so I can take it to Christmas to share along with a plate of assorted mini muffins and chocolates, and a roastbeef/green onion/cream cheese and nut cheese ball with salami slices as crackers. I am also hoping to take the family's heirloom cream puff recipe and make it low carb...... Now if only there was a way to replicate the crunchy topping of creme brulee.....

Happy happy lo carber!

No comments: